Eurofins is listed as notified testing lab for use with CE marking, with reference to the VOC emissions testing standard CEN/TS 16516. The Danish accreditation body DANAK accredited the VOC emissions test methods of Eurofins Product Testing A/S in Galten / Denmark, in line with ISO/IEC 17025. Then DANAK informed (“notified”) the European database NANDO, operated by the European Commission, that Eurofins is qualified to perform VOC emission testing according to CEN/TS 16516 (that will be converted into EN 16516 in 2017).
This qualification is needed by industry customers of the testing lab
- for documentation of VOC emissions within a Declaration of Perfomance within CE marking,
- if a harmonized EN product standard is published as basis of CE marking,
- and if it contains a section on VOC or formaldehyde emissions with reference to CEN/TS 16516, or
- if existing test results shall be used for such purpose later, after publication of such a product standard, or
- for the new German VOC regulation that requires testing labs to be both ISO/IEC 17025 accredited and notified.
This additional proof of performance and quality supports the ambition of Eurofins to offer high level service to its customers, if they need to show compliance with VOC emissions requirements in Europe.
Contact persons for VOC testing services are listed here: www.eurofins.com/voc-contacts.