The essentials of the draft are:
- It is a general document that will be detailed for specific products groups in a later step.
- It describes the requirements for healthy buildings that German authorities can require.
- Hazardous ingredients shall be avoided. Carcinogens of EU classes C1A and C1B are restricted except if they do not cause any risk to the users of the building. Therefore their emissions are limited with very sharp limit values.
- Requirements regarding contaminated waste are supplemented.
- The emissions requirements of AgBB 2015 are included, and supplemented by requirements on emissions of ammonia and nitrosamines, if relevant.
For the AgBB 2015 requirements, see a table here: www.eurofins.com/agbb2015-limits.
- Limits for content of PAH (5 mg/kg BaP), nitrosamines (11 µg/kg), and PCP (5 mg/kg) are listed.
- In this document, there are no requirements on how the respect of these requirements shall be documented and prooved. This may follow.
For further information, please see our homepage, e.g. www.eurofins.com/agbb, and follow this VOC Blog for any updates.