Indoor Air Comfort and Indoor Air Comfort GOLD are independent private labels for the products showing low or very low emissions. The requirements are based on the limit values of the regulations and of the most relevant voluntary labels that are available across Europe.
As these limitations change from time to time, the Indor Air Comfort labels now experienced a major revision. The new version 5.1 is applicable from 1st January 2015. The next revision is expected after AgBB will have revised its limit values in near future.
The differences of version 5.1 to the last version are:
- The Belgian regulation with its limit values is included.
- The old French AFSSET / ANSES limit values are eliminated because of lack of relevance in real life.
- Systems of combined products are included as optional alternative to certifying each component of such systems.
- VOC content requirements are included for wet applied products.
- It is specified in a more exact manner than in the last version which specifications of M1 and of some Blue Angel criteria have not been taken onboard.
- The wording about formaldehyde measurements with EN 717 standards in the last version caused some misunderstandings and has been written more exactly.
- The certification process is described in a clearer manner.
- A section on costs is added, instead of a separate document.
Next version is planned after the announced update of the AgBB LCI values, but the date is unknown.
For more details: www.indoor-air-comfort.com.